#GETOUTSIDE #EXPLOREMORE COMPETITION 2019 (the ‘Competition’)
Continuing its global #ExploreMore campaign, Bullitt Mobile as the global licensee of Jaguar Land Rover has teamed up with Ordnance Survey’s campaign to inspire people to #GetOutside and enjoy more outdoors activities in Britain.
We are asking for people of all ages and abilities to share their outdoors adventures with us, whether it is a big expedition or a short hike. We are asking you to send us a photo of something you have done outdoors, from walking the dog to scaling the highest summits, which can be accompanied by a story. To make it more interesting, there will be a different theme for each month that the Competition runs, so we will be after a new set of entries each month that correspond to the relevant theme. In return, a monthly winner will be chosen and awarded a selection of Jaguar Land Rover and Ordnance Survey prizes.
The rules of the Competition are set out below. Please read these carefully before submitting your photos. By submitting your entry into the Competition, you are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or above.
- The Competition is not open to Bullitt Mobile, Jaguar Land Rover and Ordnance Survey employees, their direct families, or anyone else connected with the Competition.
- No purchase is necessary to take part in this Competition.
- The Competition opens on 1 March 2019 and will run for a total duration of ten (10) months. The Competition will be divided into ten separate competitions, each lasting one calendar month.
- There will be a different theme and winner for each month; please refer to Annex 1 for the themes and their relevant dates.
- If you wish to enter the Competition for a particular theme, you must submit the entry for that month by the closing date stated for the relevant month. Entries received after the relevant closing date will not be entered for that part of the Competition.
- To enter the Competition, please visit the dedicated website at landroverexplore.co.uk/competition, where you will need to:
- fill in the form with your full name, valid genuine email address and town or city of residence;
- upload your image; and
- enter an accompanying story, where applicable.
- We regret that we cannot accept entries by post or email. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Your story cannot exceed 5000 characters.
- When submitting a photograph, you must obtain the permission of any people featured in your photo or their parent/guardian if children under 16 are featured. You must obtain the permission of the owners of any private residential property featured in your photo. You must provide written evidence of such permission, if requested.
- Entries should not contain any material or images that are obscene, indecent, offensive, defamatory, or unlawful.
- You can submit entries for as many themes as you like. You can submit a maximum of 10 entries (one per month) for the entire duration of the Competition.
- We can take no responsibility for any stories which fail to upload properly and/or any technical problems, such as server malfunctions or errors, viruses, bugs, traffic congestion on the internet that may result in lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries.
- There will be ten stages to the Competition, each stage lasting one calendar month. Every month will have a different theme and a monthly winner will be chosen in accordance with the respective theme. The ten monthly themes are set out in Annex 1.
- At the end of each calendar month, the entries for that month will be forwarded to the judging panel, which will consist of representatives from Bullitt Mobile and Ordnance Survey and an independent judge. The panel of judges will then pick the winning entry for each theme.
- The independent judge will be one of the 60 OS GetOutside Champions – people whose passion and enthusiasm for the great outdoors, past achievements and/or future challenges can lead and motivate others to ‘Get Outside’.
- Your story needs to be personal (not fictitious) but otherwise the themes are open to your personal interpretation. However, to help you along, the following are some things that the judges will be looking for:
- Stories that are fresh and original and correspond to the relevant theme;
- Stories that encourages others to go and have their own adventures, which may have a funny element or an inspiring message;
- Stories that they would want to read again and that may have an emotional impact on the reader.
- The winning entries will then be published on the Land Rover Explore and Ordnance Survey websites and/or social media channels.
- In all matters, the decision of the judges shall be final. No correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- All winning entries will be subject to a final check and any which are found to be in breach of the Competition terms and conditions will be disqualified and any prizes forfeited. The judging panel will then select a new winner from the remaining entries for that theme.
- The winner for each calendar month will be notified via email within two weeks of the end of the relevant month and must provide a postal address to claim their prize.
- Where your entry does not win, you will not be notified.
- We reserve the right not to award the prize for a particular month, if none of the entries for that month reach a required standard.
- A maximum of ten (10) winning entries will be selected, i.e. one per month. The prizes to be won for each month are set out in Annex 1.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. A substitute prize of an equivalent or greater value may be given should any prize become unavailable for a reason beyond our control.
- Where a winner does not respond within 14 days of receiving the email stating they have won, or any prize cannot be taken up or is declined or returned undelivered, a substitute winner may be chosen at our discretion without further notice to the original winner, and the original winner shall cease to be eligible for the prize or any alternative and shall have no claim against Bullitt Mobile, Ordnance Survey, or the judges.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 30 days of receiving confirmation of their win.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
- You will retain copyright in any entries that you submit to the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, you grant to Bullitt Mobile and Ordnance Survey (and their respective group companies), a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, and perpetual licence to use your entry and publish it on our corporate websites and social media websites (such as Facebook and Twitter), in connection with this Competition.
- In the event that your entry is one of the Competition winners, you further grant to Bullitt Mobile and Ordnance Survey a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual licence to publish the entry on the Land Rover Explore and Ordnance Survey websites, in promotional materials and otherwise use the material in connection with the business of the respective companies.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to take part in any reasonable promotions and publicity relating to it.
- You warrant to us that any image files you upload do not contain any viruses or other potentially harmful material.
- We disclaim all liability for any loss or damage to persons or property (whether direct or indirect) incurred by any person in connection with the making and submission of entries in connection with this Competition, to the maximum extent permissible by law.
- We reserve the absolute right to disqualify any entries and/or withdraw a prize from a winning entrant if in our opinion there is a potential breach of these Competition terms and conditions, including, but without limitation, where the entry in our sole opinion is obscene, indecent or otherwise offensive; or infringes third party intellectual property rights.
- We reserve the right to cancel this Competition or alter any of the terms and conditions at any stage, if in our opinion it is necessary to do so, or circumstances arise outside of our control. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly for any changes
- Bullitt Mobile and Ordnance Survey may assign any and all of its rights relating to the Competition to one of its group companies and/or any entity to whom its functions and activities are transferred.
- If any of the clauses within the Competition terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then that clause shall be severed and deleted from these Competition terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These Competition terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The promoters of the Competition are:
- Bullitt Mobile Limited, which is registered in England (company no. 06945690), and whose registered address is at One Valpy, Valpy Street, Reading RG1 1AR.
- Ordnance Survey, Britain’s mapping agency, whose headquarters is based at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS. Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited is a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey, which is registered in England and Wales (company no. 06894550), and whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS (VAT Number 973 4648 80).
Annex 1 – Competition Themes and Prizes
|Month||Theme||Land Rover Explore Prizes||Ordnance Survey Prizes||Start and end dates|
|March||Family||1x Go Ape £130 Gift Voucher – T&Cs
1x Landy and the Apple Harvest book
|1x OS Adventure Map
1x 12-month OS Maps subscription
1x Great British Colouring Map
1x Go Explore Games Rug
|01/03/2019 – 31/03/2019|
|April||Spring / New beginnings / Easter||1x Home of Millican backpack
1x Land Rover Explore phone (£399)
|1x 100 Outstanding British Walks book
1x Pathfinder Guide book of your choice
1x Circular Walks book of your choice
1x OS Picnic Rug of your choice (not the GB version)
|01/04/2019 – 30/04/2019|
|May||National Walking Month / National Map Reading Week||1x £100 Cotswold Outdoor gift card
1x Travel Mug Stainless Steel – Navy
|1x Participation in a guided walk with local GetOutside Champion
1x 12-month OS Maps subscription
1x OS Paper Map of your choice
1x OS Walkers Kit
|01/05/2019 – 31/05/2019|
|June||Nature / Wildlife||1x Land Rover Explore phone (£499)||3x OS Paper Map of your choice
1x OS Thermal Mug
1x OS Hydroseal Map Case
|01/06/2019 – 30/06/2019|
|July||The Adventure begins…||1x Professional Tent
1x Travel Mug Stainless Steel – Navy
|1x GetOutside Champion’s books bundle
1x ST&Gs Marvellous Maps bundle
1x OS 75cl Water to Go Bottle
|01/07/2019 – 31/07/2019|
|August||Pet adventures||1x Barbour for Land Rover Dog Bandana
1x Hue Ceramic Dog Bowl – Large
1x Barbour for Land Rover Dog Bed
1x Hue Leather Collar & Lead Set
|1x 12-month OS Maps subscription
1x Participation in a guided walk with local GetOutside Champion (TBC)
1x OS Walkers Kit Dry Bag
|01/08/2019 – 31/08/2019|
|September||29th of September – National GetOutside Day||1x Travel Mug Stainless Steel – Navy||1x GetOutside Mug and T-shirt
1x OS Trek Towel
1x GB Picnic Rug
1x GetOtuside Champions’ books bundle
1x OS Puzzle Book
|01/09/2019 – 30/09/2019|
|October||Weekends on your doorstep||1x Men’s Taped Seam Jacket
1x Women’s Adventure Jacket
|1x 100 Outstanding British Walks book
1x OS Custom-Made Map
|01/10/2019 – 31/10/2019|
|November||Cycling Britain||1x £150 Cycle Surgery Gift Voucher
1x Epic Bike Rides of the World (by Lonely Planet)
|1x OS branded Trail Bike GPS (£434.99)||15/11/2019 – 6/12/2019|
|December||Christmas||1x Christmas Bundle||1x Christmas Bundle||7/12/2019 – 31/12/2019|